I would stay away from this company BIG time.
1) Order part on 4/20/10
2) Receice confirmation number instantly
3) No status update for one week so contacted company on 4/26
4) Company states the order was pending because the shipping and billing address was different. It was the same address. Good thing I called them because I guess the order would sit forever before they called to clear up the "opps no problem" trouble. Was told order would ship today (this was 4/26
5) Company website still shows order as pending. Tried to contact them again and all I get is am email that says ORDER WILL SHIP TODAY . I guess the 4/26 promise was void and all I can do is hope it ships today 4/27
6) Finally get hold of someone on 4/28. And surprise, surprise. It still has NOT shipped. There was a problem with the shipping method. They wanted the filter delivered by a truck with a lift gate because it was so heavy. Item weight 65 lbs. Pallet weight 25 lbs. Once again National Pool did not contact me and if I had not called I guess it would have sat on the shippng dock until . . .
7) Finally I am told the item has been shipped on 4/30. Warehouse is 4 hours away but since it has taken all week to fix the shipping it is now Friday and I will have to wait until Monday to receive the filter.
8) No truck all morning so I decide to call before National Pool closes for the day. When I ask for the tracking information, I am told it is not like UPS or FedEx, you can't enter the number on the web and see where the truck is. But I get my information. . . kind of.
I am told the feight company is Southeast Transport. But National Pool does not have a phone number for the company, but I do get a tracking number.
After spending some time online, I come to realize that the freight company must be Southeastern Freight Lines, (I guess that kind of sounds like Southeast Transport).
Going to the Southeastern Freight Line website I find out that yes I can use the tracking number online. I type in the number and actually get a photocopy of the shipping invoice and the local Service Center phone number. When I call Southeastern, I am please to find out that this company does know what it is doing and not only are they sure my item is out for delivery, but that the driver has one stop ahead of me and should be there in about 40 - 50 minutes.
Just as I started typing this the truck pulled up. It has been 35 minutes since I spoke to the rep at Southeastern Feight. Top ratings to a great freight company shipping for a poor company.
In the end I received my goods, but only because I called National Pool every day. I thought that maybe it was just my order but when I was at the National Pool website http://nsch5.q9j34.servertrust.com/help.asp and I clicked on the MyTickets link without logging in. I got to see ALL the help tickets and WOW there were a lot
A couple hundred tickets and most asking for a status or a refund.
Scarier to me is that if one hole exists in a web site, maybe my credit info is not so safe.
My best advice is just to stay away. Stay far away from National Pool Care who also seems to use the name National Pool Pro. SO if you see the big yellow website (http://nsch5.q9j34.servertrust.com/Ticket_List.asp) I advise you to pick another company.
Review about: Hayward Sand Filter S270T2.